Join this FREE online course, suitable for anyone interested in nutrition for weight management for either themselves or someone they know, or for nutrition professionals interested in a refresher.
It runs for 6 weeks, is available internationally, and covers the following topics:
- Key weight management concepts including measuring body composition, calories and kilojoules, energy density, portion size, and metabolic rate
- The nutritional composition of different foods
- How to use dietary assessment tools and calculate energy requirements
- How to identify features of fad diets and healthy diets
- Key behaviours for successful long term maintenance of lost weight
The course has been updated to include content on mindful and intuitive eating, teaching individuals how to minimize external drivers of energy intake by emphasising the sensory properties of foods and internal indicators of hunger and fullness.
It starts on the 19th October, 2022 and interested learners can sign up here
Since the first time this course was held in 2017 over 65,000 learners from over 180 countries have enrolled.
Any questions regarding the course can be directed to Erin Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org