EASO is pleased to support media in developing news items that share accurate, evidence based and non-stigmatising information about obesity.
We consider out media colleagues to be a stakeholder and hope to provide you with the support you need. We have informational resources that have been developed to provide pan_EU journalists with up-to-date, relevant information about obesity. It is an evolving resource which will be updated regularly as new resources and information become available. EASO believes that obesity is a health priority across Europe, media can play a critical role in driving awareness and understanding of this complex, and often stigmatized disease.
We have developed a variety of tools and resources tailored specifically for journalists reporting on obesity. These include:
- Obesity Expert Database: features obesity experts from across Europe, who are willing and available to talk about their personal experiences
- Patient Database: features patient spokespeople from across Europe, who are willing and available to talk with media about their personal experiences. Patient advocates, and patient group representatives in countries across Europe and can be contacted via the EASO Secretariat Email: [email protected] Tel: +44 (0) 20 3751 7967
- Obesity Image Bank: includes links to credible third-party resources that feature obesity-related imagery which can be downloaded and used for a variety of publication needs
- Obesity Facts & Figures: up-to-date obesity data and trends
- Exclusive Videos: of leading experts in the field of obesity, discussing ‘obesity as a gateway disease’ and ‘hot topics’ in obesity science
EASO media assets will continue to evolve over time. We hope you find the contents useful and that it supports your ongoing media reporting on obesity. Please let us know; we welcome any feedback you might have.