EASO is pleased to support media in developing news items that share accurate, evidence based and non-stigmatising information about obesity.
We consider our media colleagues to be a stakeholder and hope to provide you with the support you need. We have resources developed to provide journalists with up-to-date, relevant information about obesity.
EASO believes that obesity is a health priority across Europe. Media can play a critical role in driving awareness and understanding of this complex, and often stigmatized disease.
We have developed a variety of tools and resources tailored specifically for journalists reporting on obesity. These include:
- Obesity Expert Database: features obesity experts from across Europe, who are willing and available to talk about their personal experiences
- Patient Database: features patient spokespeople from across Europe, who are willing and available to talk with media about their personal experiences
- Obesity Image Bank: includes links to credible third-party resources that feature obesity-related imagery which can be downloaded and used for a variety of publication needs
- Obesity Facts & Figures: up-to-date obesity data and trends
- Exclusive Videos: of leading experts in the field of obesity, discussing ‘obesity as a gateway disease’ and ‘hot topics’ in obesity science
We hope you find this content useful and that it supports your ongoing media reporting on obesity. Please let us know; we welcome any feedback you might have.