Join us for this important World Obesity Day 2024 event online, jointly hosted by the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO) and The World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA) Europe.
Date: Monday 4th March 2024
Time: 5-7pm UK / 6-8 pm Paris time
Mark your calendar for this specialised World Obesity Day 2024 online event, tailored to General Practitioners (GPs) and allied medical professionals.
World Obesity Day, observed annually across Europe on March 4th, is a global campaign which serves to raise awareness, promote advocacy, enhance policies and facilitate the sharing of experiences in the field of obesity.
Join us for World Obesity Day 2024 online, jointly hosted by the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO) and The World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA) Europe.
Enhance your expertise in obesity management at primary care level at this 2-hour World Obesity Day Europe online event for health professionals. Deepen your understanding of the latest medications and their impact on patient outcomes. Gain valuable insights from patient experiences, hear directly from practicing GPs, and connect with researchers at the forefront of obesity medicine advancements. Take this opportunity to increase your knowledge and improve patient care.
- Receive insight into obesity medicines from the perspective of patients
- Learn about the newest developments in obesity pharmacotherapy
- Understand how to ensure shared decision-making between doctors and patients to enhance treatment
Expert speakers and session chairs include:
- Dr Dror Dicker (Chair of the EASO COMs Working Group)
- Prof Nick Finer (Expert Medical Consultant Obesity Medicine, Endocrinology)
- Dr Andreea Ciudin (Co-Chair of the EASO Obesity Management Working Group)
- Prof Shlomo Vinker (President of WONCA Europe)
- Mr Andrew Healing (Director of Communications for the European Coalition for People Living with Obesity)
- Dr Ana Cebrián (Chair of the WONCA Special Interest Group on Non-Communicable Diseases, Professor in Family Medicine at Universidad Católica San Antonio and General Practitioner in Cartagena, Murcia, Spain)
Download the event programme.