EASO is pleased to inform you that the popular New Investigators United Autumn School will take place in Naples, Italy from 2-4 September 2019.
The programme this year will focus on ‘Hot Topics in Obesity,’ with sessions addressing key issues in research, treatment and public health. Teaching will be interactive and delivered by European experts, and will include both lectures and practical training. Poster sessions will enable participants to present and discuss their own work with senior colleagues. Upon completion of the course, participants will have a thorough grounding in obesity and will learn new skills to develop their research or clinical practice.
NIU Autumn School Learning Objectives include:
- Appreciating patient perspectives and the significant issues of stigma and weight bias
- Understanding the various mechanisms underpinning obesity, and learning about recent developments in basic science
- Recognising that obesity has a multifactorial aetiology and multiple health consequences
- Learning clinical evaluation techniques and becoming cognisant of the effectiveness of various intervention approaches
- Becoming familiar with a variety of tools and methods that can assist and enhance the implementation of weight management programmes
- Understanding and appreciating public health challenges, and learning about techniques to develop interventions
The application deadline is 30th June 2019