EASO is pleased to launch our new report ‘What’s Missing in the EU Research Agenda: Recommendations from The European Association for the Study of Obesity’. Developed in consultation with 32 key health organisations, including the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the report identifies critical gaps in the EU Research Agenda.
Implementing the recommendations identified will better support understanding, prevention, treatment, and management of obesity as a non-communicable disease (NCD).
Notably, recommendations from the consultation focus on the need to:
- Bridge the evidence gap on obesity to support meaningful policies that maximise impact
- Implement a clear chronic disease narrative on obesity and identify structural research parameters
- Collect, harness and leverage appropriate and meaningful data
- Support development of personalised pathways for prevention, treatment and long-term management of obesity and obesity related complications
- Improve communication and outreach among all research agenda stakeholders
To read the report and learn more about the findings, visit: https://easo.org/policy/european-research-agenda-whats-missing-for-obesity/