Established in 2005, the Early Career Network (ECN) acts as an informal community for early career professionals to connect and collaborate on projects and join together in sharing experiences and expertise. The Network is recognised by EASO as an integral part of the organisation. Training, education and mentoring opportunities may also be available to members of the network by application or invitation. The ECN initiative is represented at the European Congress on Obesity with an annual event, where the obesity early career community have an opportunity to meet, interact, network and share ideas with colleagues from around the world.
As we all transition to a world where COVID-19 has become an ongoing feature of education, teaching, clinical practice and advocacy work, we are working to further develop the online network and our board and network members look forward to engaging with you.
Early Career NetworkEarly Career professionals United Winter School
DATES AND INFORMATION FOR THE 2021 SCHOOL WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER THIS YEAR
Early Career Network aims to:
- Facilitate networking among new and early career European scientists and students of clinical practice across disciplines related to obesity across the life-course
- Provide an arena for the exchange of ideas and best practices between experts and experts-to-be in an friendly, informal environment
- Improve opportunities for future collaboration and consultation, advocacy and public health improvement around our common goal: preventing, treating, and addressing obesity, it’s causes and consequences.
Early Career professionals are individuals who:
- Currently registered in a post-graduate course of study related to obesity or have received a PhD or other relevant postgraduate degree within the past five years or MD within the past eight years, and/or:
- Currently hold (or are applying to hold) an entry level position (e.g., post-doctoral fellow, instructor, assistant professor) at an established academic/research institution.