Thursday 30th March 2023 10-11.15am CET
Please join us for the next EASO Collaborating Centres for Obesity Management webinar “Chronotype, Sleep Disturbances, and Obesity” on Thursday 30th 2023 (10:00-11:15am CET). This webinar will explore the significance of individual chronotype for obesity management. Attendees will learn about the intersection of chronotype, sleep impairment, obesity, and wider health aspects. Dr. Giovanna Muscogiuri (MD) and Prof. Luca Busetto (MD), Co-Chair of the EASO Obesity Management Task Force, will host the webinar.
Dr. Giovanna Muscogiuri, a previous recipient of the EASO New Investigator Award for Clinical Research, was recently awarded the Nutrition Society Cuthbertson Award in January 2023 for work on chronotype, sleep disturbances, and cardiometabolic disease. Specialists from Dr Muscogiuri’s research team will present in the following order:
- 10:00-10:15 am: Chronotype, body composition and nutritional habits – Ludovica Verde (PhD researcher, Department of Public Health, University Federico II)
- 10:15-10:30 am: Chronotype and obesity-related cardiometabolic complications – Annamaria Docimo (MD, Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Andrology, University Federico II)
- 10:30- 10:45 am: Chronotype and NAFLD – Claudia Vetrani (Associate professor, Pegaso Telematic University)
- 10:45- 11:00 am: Sleep quality and obesity: the chicken or the egg? – Giovanni Chirico (MD, Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Andrology, University Federico II)
- 11:00- 11:15 am: Q&A between speakers and audience