We are pleased to announce the 2022 EASO Early Career Network Winter School. This residential educational course open to early career researcher/practitioners will take place in Seville, Spain from 1-3 December 2022.
The Programme for 2022 will focus on ‘Hot Topics in Obesity’ with sessions addressing key issues in research, treatment and public health. Teaching will be interactive and delivered by European experts, and include both lectures and practical training. Poster sessions will form an important part of the school, allowing participants to present and discuss their own work with senior colleagues.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have received a thorough grounding in obesity and have learnt new skills to develop their research or clinical practice.
EASO will offer 30 places for this prestigious course. It is therefore important that you provide as much information as possible in your submission as over 100 applications are usually received for the 30 places.
There is no registration fee and EASO will provide hotel accommodation and all meals for successful applicants. Travel costs are to be covered by the participant.
Applications to participate is now open and the deadline for receipt is 5 October 2022 – late applications will NOT be considered. All applicants will be contacted by email no later than 18 October 2022 and informed whether their application has been successful or not. You must join the ECN network to be eligible to apply.
To be eligible to apply for the ECN Winter School you:
- Are currently registered in an undergraduate or post-graduate course of study related to obesity or have received a masters, PhD or other relevant postgraduate degree within the past five years or an MD within the past eight years, and/or;
- Currently hold (or are applying to hold) an entry level position – e.g., junior doctor, post-doctoral fellow, lecturer, instructor, assistant professor, public health manager, or public policy coordinator at an established academic/research institution, NGO or public health institution/authority
- Have carried out the majority of work in Europe (although a proportion of work may have been performed outside of Europe)
- Are a Member of the ECN Network
- Members of an EASO affiliated national obesity association will be prioritised. List of EASO Member Associations
View the draft Programme – ECN Winter School Seville 2022
Applications are now open below for ECN Network members
If you are not able to attend but would like to keep up to date on ECN activities – join the ECN Network