We are pleased to announce the 2023 EASO Early Career Network Winter School. This residential educational course open to early career researcher/practitioners will take place in Antalya, Turkey from 30 November -2 December 2023.
The Programme for 2023 will focus on ‘Hot Topics in Obesity’ with sessions addressing key issues in research, treatment and public health. Teaching will be interactive and delivered by European experts, and include both lectures and practical training. Poster sessions will form an important part of the school, allowing participants to present and discuss their own work with senior colleagues.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have received a thorough grounding in obesity and have learnt new skills to develop their research or clinical practice.
- EASO will offer 30 places for this prestigious course. It is therefore important that you provide as much information as possible in your submission as over 100 applications are usually received for the 30 places.
- There is no registration fee and EASO will provide hotel accommodation and all meals for successful applicants. Travel costs are to be covered by the participant.
- Applications to participate is now open and the deadline for receipt is 15 September 2023 – late applications will NOT be considered. All applicants will be contacted by email no later than 29 September 2023 and informed whether their application has been successful or not. You must join the ECN network to be eligible to apply.
You must meet the criteria below to be eligible to apply for the ECN Winter School
- You are currently registered in an undergraduate or post-graduate course of study related to obesity or have received a masters, PhD or other relevant postgraduate degree within the past five years or an MD within the past eight years, and/or;
- You currently hold (or are applying to hold) an entry level position – e.g., junior doctor, post-doctoral fellow, lecturer, instructor, assistant professor, public health manager, or public policy coordinator at an established academic/research institution, NGO or public health institution/authority
- You have carried out the majority of work in Europe (although a proportion of work may have been performed outside of Europe)
- You are a member of the ECN (Not a member? Join here)
- You are a member of an EASO affiliated national obesity association. (Not a member? Contact your National Association and join. List of EASO National Member Associations)
- You are not eligible to apply if you have attended an ECN Winter School or Masterclass in the last 3 years
A draft Programme will be available soon – ECN Winter School Antalya 2023
Winter School Applications will open soon for ECN members
If you are not able to attend but would like to keep up to date on ECN activities – join the ECN