We are pleased to announce the EASO-Novo Nordisk Foundation Obesity Prize for Excellence, a new award that recognizes outstanding research or technological contributions to the understanding of obesity, its etiology, complications, prevention and treatment. The prize is supported by a grant of 2 million DKK , of which 300,000 DKK is a personal grant to the winner (please note that the grant is for new research, it is not intended to top up existing research). Self nominations will not be considered.
The grant includes:
- A special plenary lecture at the EASO annual European Congress on Obesity (ECO)
- A special reception and dinner for the winner and key stakeholders at the ECO
- An invitation for the winner to return to the ECO 2 years after the Prize award to present the research undertaken via the award grant.
The Prize will be awarded based on nomination and the following criteria:
- The primary criterion in the selection process is an outstanding scientific contribution to obesity research (understanding, prevention or treatment).
- Only employees of universities, hospitals or other non-profit institutions will be considered.
- Candidates must be renowned in their field and can be of any nationality
The deadline for receipt of nominations is Friday 15 December 2023
The Excellence Prize and New Investigator Awards are a collaboration between the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO) and the Novo Nordisk Foundation (NNF). EASO has established an independent Assessment Committee to review nominations and elect successful candidates. Financial support for the prize comes from the Novo Nordisk Foundation.