New Investigators United
EASO’s New Investigators United was established in 2005 and now acts as an informal community for new investigators to collaborate on projects and to share experiences and expertise. The NIU initiative combines an online community with an annual event at the ECO, where new investigators have an opportunity to meet, interact and share ideas with colleagues from around the world.
New Investigators United aims to:
- Facilitate the networking of new and new European scientists
- Provide an arena for the exchange of ideas and best practices between experts and experts-to-come
- Improve opportunities for future collaborations or consultations when heading for the common goal: preventing and treating obesity.
We define New Investigators as individuals who:
- Have received a PhD within the past five years or MD within the past eight years, and/or;
- Currently hold (or are applying to hold) an entry level position (e.g., post-doctoral fellow, instructor, assistant professor) at an established academic/research institution.
Register your interest
In becoming a part of the EASO New Investigators United consortium.
EASO NIU Autumn School 2018
Hot Topics in Obesity – Palma, Mallorca 1-3 October.
We are pleased to announce the 2018 EASO New Investigators United Autumn School. This residential educational course is open to early career researcher/practitioners and will take place in Palma, Mallorca from 1-3 October 2018.
Catherine Gibbons (UK)
Maria Angela Guzzardi (Italy)
Please click here to view short biographies of our Board Members.