Ahead of UKCO 2022, ASO will again be hosting an event for early career researchers (ECRs) on 6th September 2022 at Lancaster University. The event will include career progression talks from academia, public health and industry perspectives, as well as workshops on relevant transferrable skills (see programme here). Registration for the event is free for ASO members and includes two nights’ accommodation.
Deadline to register: 25th July 2022 5pm.
Please note, in order to register, you will need to submit a work-in-progress abstract. This can include any work that you think would benefit from further discussion among your ECR peers at the event. For example, this can include current projects that haven’t been completed yet, completed projects with findings that require further interpretation, completed projects that require further thought on implementation, or potential future projects (e.g. ideas for fellowship applications). You can submit an abstract based on the same project as the one you submitted to UKCO, but we would ask that you rewrite it to highlight some challenges that can be discussed with ECR peers at the event (e.g. some aspects of the findings that are difficult to interpret, or challenges to applying the results to practice, etc.).
Who can attend?
To be eligible to register, you will need to:
- Be an early career researcher (definition provided here)
- Be a member of ASO (£30 for students, £60 for full members, see details here)
- Have submitted an abstract to the UK Congress on Obesity (UKCO) 2022 (Late breaking abstracts deadline is 30th July, see details here)
- Be able to attend the event in-person
- Submit a work-in-progress abstract (see details above)
For any questions please feel free to email email@example.com.
Link to flyer: