- Appreciate patient perspectives and the significant issues of stigma and weight bias.
- Appreciate the various mechanisms underpinning obesity, and understand latest basic science developments.
- Recognise that obesity has a multifactorial aetiology and multiple health consequences.
- Appreciate clinical evaluation techniques and be cognisant of the effectiveness of various interventions.
- Be familiar with a variety of tools and methods that can assist and enhance the implementation of weight management programmes.
- Appreciate various public health challenges, and understand techniques to develop interventions.