THERE IS STILL TIME TO REGISTER FOR ECO2023
The 30th European Congress on Obesity takes place from 17-20 May 2023 in Dublin, Ireland 🇮🇪.
Mark your calendar for the premier obesity event in Europe. View the scientific program here.
We look forward to hosting you in Dublin!
Click on the program below to view
CONGRATULATIONS TO WINNERS OF THE EASO-NOVO NORDISK FOUNDATION AWARDS
All prizes and awards will be officially presented at ECO2023 on 18 May 2023, where we will have an opportunity to hear the award lectures.
- The EASO — Novo Nordisk Foundation Obesity Prize for Excellence
- EASO-Novo Nordisk Foundation New Investigator Awards in Childhood Obesity, Public Health, Clinical Research and Basic Science
Professor Ruth Loos has been named the inaugural recipient of the Obesity Prize for Excellence, established by the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO) and the Novo Nordisk Foundation. The prize comes with a DKK 2 million award.
She has been awarded the prize for her exceptional contributions to our understanding of genetic factors linked to obesity development.
START PLANNING NOW…
DOWNLOAD THE #ECO2023 MOBILE APP
One-Day ECO Registration available on The ASOI Website
Are you in Ireland and interested in joining ECO2023 to participate in Teaching Workshops and ECO sessions on Wednesday 17th May? One day registration is available for €50!
Rethinking Obesity in the 21st Century
We are pleased to invite you to join this important session on the future of obesity prevention and health promotion at ECO2023. This ECO2023 session is supported by HSE, which provides health and social services to everyone living in Ireland.
European Hormone Day:
15 May 2023
EASO is partnering with colleagues at the European Society for Endocrinology and across the endocrinology community in this important campaign for European Hormone Day.
2023 OMTF Teaching Course in Opatija, Croatia
EASO was pleased to participate in the first Adriatic Symposium on Obesity and Obesity Management Task Force (OMTF) meeting in Opatija, Croatia 20 – 22 April 2023.
OBESITY FACTS JOURNAL
Read the latest edition of OBESITY FACTS, THE EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OBESITY
Volume 16, Issue 2, and online first articles are all available open access
- Overweight and Obesity in Brazilian Immigrants in Massachusetts, USA: A Time Series Analysis (2009-2020)
- Factors Associated with Relapse of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus after Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy in Japanese Subjects: A Subgroup Analysis of J-SMART Study
- The EASO New Investigator Award in Clinical Research 2021: Role of Chronotype in Obesity
- A Large-Scale Observational Analysis of Social Media Data Reveals Major Public Misperception of the Attainability of Drastic Weight Loss by Dieting
- Clinical Impact of Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Receptor Analogs on the Complications of Obesity
- Obesity-Induced Hepatic Steatosis Is Partly Mediated by Visceral Fat Accumulation in Subjects with Overweight/Obesity: A Cross-Sectional Study
- Needs and Demands for e-Mental Health Interventions in Individuals with Overweight and Obesity: User-Centred Design Approach
- Associations of Serum Follicle-Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone Levels with Fat and Lean Mass during Menopausal Transition
- Association between Indicators of Inequality and Weight Change Following a Behavioural Weight Loss Intervention
- Association of Body Shape Index with Cerebral Small Vessel Disease
From Dyspnea to Skin Grafting: The Difficulties of Managing a Patient with Extreme Obesity
SWEET was pleased to present an informative innovation workshop this month and participate in the Vitagora VitaConnect annual meeting in Dijon, France 🇫🇷
EASO is pleased to support this 5 year EU funded H2020 initiative. TIMESPAN, led by scientific coordinator Professor Henrik Larsson (Örebro University), includes 17 partners from across academia, industry, and patient advocacy communities, and aims to foster improvement in clinical management of adults living with with ADHD and co-occurring cardiometabolic disease, including obesity.