ECO2023 REGISTRATION IS OPEN
The 30th European Congress on Obesity takes place from 17-20 May 2023 in Dublin, Ireland. Mark your calendar for the premier obesity event in Europe Programme details have now been published online; visit the website for full details.
We look forward to hosting you in Dublin!
EASO-NOVO NORDISK FOUNDATION AWARDS
Winners of the EASO – Novo Nordisk Foundation Awards and Prize will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
- EASO-Novo Nordisk Foundation New Investigator Awards
- The EASO — Novo Nordisk Foundation Senior Prize for Excellence
WORLD OBESITY DAY AWARDS
Submission Deadline – May 2nd, 2023
Working to address obesity? Consider entering your contribution to win a prestigious EASO or ECPO award. Obesity Day Europe is part of our global campaign for World Obesity Day.
- EASO Award for The Best National Training Programme
- The ECPO Award for The Best Patient Engagement Programme
- The ECPO Award for The Best Public Engagement Programme
- The EASO Award for The Best Collaborative Project
EASO COMs WEBINAR
April 27th 2023
Online 11-12:00 CEST
Please join us for the next EASO COMs webinar “Understanding Lipoedema: Patient Perspective, Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment”
9th CENTRAL EUROPEAN CONGRESS ON OBESITY
October 13-14, 2023
EASO is pleased to support the forthcoming 9th Central European Congress on Obesity, which will be held at the Vienna House Diplomat in the capital of the Czech Republic, Prague.
Early registration for the congress is open through 31 July 2023. We look forward to seeing you there.
16th EUROPEAN PUBLIC HEALTH (EPH) CONFERENCE
November 8-11 2023
The theme of the EPH conference 2023 is
Our Food, Our Health, Our Earth: A Sustainable Future for Humanity.
Abstract submission closes 1 May 2023.
OBESITY FACTS JOURNAL
Read the latest edition of OBESITY FACTS, THE EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF OBESITY
Volume 16, Issue 2, and online first articles are all available open access
- Overweight and Obesity in Brazilian Immigrants in Massachusetts, USA: A Time Series Analysis (2009-2020)
- Factors Associated with Relapse of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus after Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy in Japanese Subjects: A Subgroup Analysis of J-SMART Study
- The EASO New Investigator Award in Clinical Research 2021: Role of Chronotype in Obesity
- A Large-Scale Observational Analysis of Social Media Data Reveals Major Public Misperception of the Attainability of Drastic Weight Loss by Dieting
- Clinical Impact of Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Receptor Analogs on the Complications of Obesity
- Obesity-Induced Hepatic Steatosis Is Partly Mediated by Visceral Fat Accumulation in Subjects with Overweight/Obesity: A Cross-Sectional Study
- Needs and Demands for e-Mental Health Interventions in Individuals with Overweight and Obesity: User-Centred Design Approach
- Associations of Serum Follicle-Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone Levels with Fat and Lean Mass during Menopausal Transition
- Association between Indicators of Inequality and Weight Change following a Behavioural Weight Loss Intervention
- Association of Body Shape Index with Cerebral Small Vessel Disease
- From Dyspnea to Skin Grafting: The Difficulties of Managing a Patient with Extreme Obesity
SWEET PROJECT UPDATE
SWEET was pleased to present an informative innovation workshop this month and participate in the Vitagora VitaConnect annual meeting in Dijon, France
EASO is pleased to support this 5 year EU funded H2020 initiative. TIMESPAN, led by scientific coordinator Professor Henrik Larsson (Örebro University), includes 17 partners from across academia, industry, and patient advocacy communities, and aims to foster improvement in clinical management of adults living with with ADHD and co-occurring cardiometabolic disease, including obesity.