Moderators: Jacqueline Bowman-Busato, Policy Lead, EASO and Euan Woodward, Executive Director, EASO
Joining the conversation:
- Jason Halford, President European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO)
- Susie Birney, Secretary European Coalition for People Living with Obesity (ECPO)
- Maura Murphy, Secretary Irish Coalition for People with Obesity (ICPO)
- Niamh Arthurs, ASOI Committee Member, and Registered Dietitian and Researcher
- Dr Louise Tully, Post Doctoral Researcher, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Obesity policy at national level must have the needs of patients at its core. To achieve policy change, researchers, clinicians and professional associations must work closely with patient communities to ensure their needs are taken into account at every step of the process.
But how well do researchers really understand patients’ needs and values? How can patients be positioned alongside researchers not just as subjects of obesity treatment and management, but as active partners? And how can we better equip patient organisations to work closely with other stakeholders?
This month’s Stakeholder Session will explore these questions from a range of perspectives, bringing in experiences from Ireland where successful cooperation has led to a new Model of Care on obesity.
Register for the event here: