For ECO2022 EASO will offer a limited number of travel grants to accepted abstract presenters. Each grant will comprise a complimentary registration plus €500 towards travel and accommodation. EASO Travel Grants are only available to EASO members who would otherwise be precluded from attending the ECO for financial reasons. The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 January 2022 – late applications will NOT be considered. All applicants will be informed of the EASO Executive Committee decision by email in March 2022. Apply here.
To be eligible to apply for an EASO Travel Grant, you must:
- Have received a PhD within the past five years or MD within the past eight years, or;
- Be working towards a PhD, MD or equivalent;
- Have carried out the majority of your work in Europe
- Be a member of an EASO affiliated national obesity association
- Submit an abstract to ECO2022 (this will form part of the assessment)
Guidance for your application
In your application you should justify why you require support to travel to the ECO Congress. Please include also a short description outlining your work and your contributions to the scientific community and field of obesity research. Please note if you have received a grant from EASO or attended any Early Career Network courses in the past 2 years your application may not be successful.