Four EASO Early Career Network (ECN) Awards will be presented at ECO2022 – in Basic Science, Clinical Research, Public Health and Childhood Obesity Research.
The Early Career Network (ECN) Awards recognise ‘rising stars’ in the field of obesity through their contributions in these fields and are highly regarded across the scientific community.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 January 2022 – late applications will NOT be considered. Award Winners will be announced in March 2022 – all applicants will be contacted by email to announce the EASO Executive Committee decision.
To be eligible for the ECN Awards you must:
- Have received a PhD within the past five years or MD within the past eight years, and;
- Have carried out the majority of work in Europe (although a proportion of work may have been performed outside of Europe)
- Be a member of an EASO affiliated national obesity association. List of EASO Member Associations
- Submit an abstract to ECO2022 (this will form part of the assessment)
Award winners will be invited to present their research in a 10 minute lecture during the Plenary Awards Session of ECO2022. Winners will be awarded complimentary full congress registration, two nights’ accommodation, and return economy flights from place of residence to the congress. Apply here.
Award applicants MUST agree to submit a relevant review paper to Obesity Facts, the official journal of EASO, within 3 months of ECO2022.
Guidance for your application
Within your application you should highlight your top publications (up to five) for which you have been the first author, provide a short description outlining your work, and highlight how your work has contributed to the field of obesity. The originality of the work and the contribution to science will be considered as part of the application.
Please give details of the number of oral presentations at national and international level that you have given and include a list of awards and prizes obtained. Please also include a list of additional publications (i.e. not including your top publications noted above) that are related to obesity that you may feel strengthen your application and highlight any other significant achievements to date.
2021 ECN Awards
Three EASO ECN Awards were presented at ECO2021 – in Basic Science, Clinical Research, and Childhood Obesity Research.
2021 winners were announced at ECO2021. EASO congratulates:
- Roman Vangoitsenhoven who won the award in Basic Science https://easo.org/easo-new-investigator-award-in-basic-science-2021-assistant-professor-roman-vangoitsenhoven-ku-leuven-belgium/;
- Sofia Ramalho who won the Childhood Obesity award https://easo.org/the-easo-new-investigator-award-in-child-obesity-dr-sofia-ramalho/
- Giovanna Muscogiuri, winner of the award in Clinical Research https://easo.org/new-investigator-award-for-clinical-research-dr-giovanna-muscogiuri/.