EASO NIU Autumn School 2017
Gut microbiota: from conception through adulthood
Palma, Majorca 2-4 October.
We are pleased to share the final programme for the highly selective New Investigators United educational offering in Palma, Majorca.
The programme for 2017 will focus on gut microbiota and will include both lectures and practical training from international obesity experts. Upon completion of the course, participants will have a thorough grounding in gut microbiota research and will have the opportunity to develop skills to facilitate their research.
- Adipose tissue dysfunction in obesity
- The metabolic disarrangements in obesity vs “metabolically healthy obesity”
- What is gut microbiota: an overview
- The role of gut microbiota in the pathogenesis of obesity
- The role of gut microbiota in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes
- The role of gut microbiota in cognitive development and decline – gut-brain axis
- The first 1000 days: important factors affecting gut colonisation
- The effect of nutrients on gut microbiota
- Metabolic effect of bariatric surgery: is there a role for gut microbiota?
- How the environment shapes gut microbiota
Plus practical training in:
- Writing and publishing an article: practical aspects
- Career options and trajectories in Europe: what you need to know
EASO is pleased to offer 30 places for this prestigious course. There is no registration fee and EASO will provide hotel accommodation and all meals for successful applicants. EASO expects to receive a high number of applications, it is therefore important that you give as much information as possible in your submission.
Register your interest:
Deadline for receipt of applications has passed.