International Scientific Committee
It is the responsibility of the International Scientific Committee (ISC), in conjunction with the host National Association, to develop the Scientific Programme for the ECO. Responsibilities of the ISC include determining the overall theme of the congress, developing tracks and sourcing appropriate speakers.
The EASO Executive Committee believes that EASO should develop a scientific programme at the annual ECO that is attractive scientifically to as wide a range of audience as possible, thus allowing the Association to disseminate scientific and educational information more effectively.
ISCs will therefore be structured roughly as follows:
- 1 Representative of the EASO Childhood Obesity Task Force
- 1 Representative of the EASO Obesity Management Task Force
- 1 Representative of the EASO Prevention and Public Health Task Force
- 1 Representative of the Previous ECO
- 1 Representative of the Host ECO
- 1 Representative of the Following ECO
- 1 Expert in Clinical Management
- 1 Expert in Nutrition
- 1 Expert in Surgery
- 1 Expert in Psychology/Sociology
- 1 Expert in Epidemiology
- 2 Experts in Basic Science
This system will also ensure continuity from one congress to another, resulting in a wider coverage of topic and an avoidance of subject overlap.