East Med Train the Trainer
23 – 24 September 2018 Polat Renaissance Hotel Istanbul, Turkey
Obesity is recognised as one of the priority health challenges in Europe and the east Mediterannean region, however specialised obesity training is not widely available. Obesity care and public health strategies can therefore vary enormously across these regions. EASO education programmes provide a solution by offering comprehensive training for health professionals working in the prevention and management of obesity.
- Candidates will be trained to deliver the highest levels of patient care
- Candidates will gain the knowledge and skills required to develop and implement public health strategies, and to influence national policymakers
- Candidates will gain the knowledge and skills to develop and implement health promotion interventions
- Candidates will be mentored to become national leaders and advocates
- Candidates will be trained and mentored to deliver EASO endorsed training at the national and local level.
Teaching will be delivered via overview lectures and interactive case study based workshops, with candidates receiving a comprehensive toolkit to improve and enhance their daily practice and project development. Course content will be delivered by European KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders) and education experts.
Topics will include:
- Comorbidities (e.g. T2D, hypertension NASH)
- Non Medical Management of Obesity (therapeutic education, dietary interventions, healthy hydration)
- Nutrition and the food environment
- Obesity Management in Adults – Bariatric Surgery
- Obesity Management in Adults – Pharmacotherapy
- Obesity Management in Adults – Physical Activity Prescription
- Obesity Management in Children
- Pregnancy (early programming, complications, post-partum weight loss)
- Psychological and Behavioural Issues (inc. appetite regulation)
- Public Health Interventions
Who should apply?
Registration is free and up to 30 places will be available. Up to 20 travel grants will also be available to applicants who do not have access to institutional or industry funding Acceptance will be restricted to applicants who:
- Hold a Masters/PhD degree and/or
- Have 3-5 years of relevant practical experience and/or
- Are MDs working in the field of obesity
Information and Applications
For further information and to apply online, please visit http://dev.lookus.net/easo-education-portal/.
EASO expects to receive a high number of applications, it is therefore important that you give as much information as possible in your submission. Teaching will be delivered via overview lectures and case study based teaching workshops. Some candidate case studies will be used as practical examples, so please outline, in no more than 300 words, a topic that you would like to see addressed in case studay format. This could be anything from a real life clinical case to a work or school based intervention, or even a case based on influencing policymakers.
There is no registration fee and EASO will provide up to 20 travel grants for successful applicants.
The deadline for receipt of application is 13 July 2018.
The 2018 EASO Train the Trainer Courses contribute to EASO’s charitable objectives, which are:
- To establish obesity as an urgent and relevant health and well being priority
- To develop evolving evidence-based approaches for preventing and treating obesity across the lifespan
- To promote effective solutions through research, education and policy
‘This EASO Train the Trainer course is supported via unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk’.